Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society.
The concept of vocational service is rooted in the Second Object of Rotary, which calls on Rotarians to “encourage and foster”:
- High ethical standards in business and professions
- The recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations
- The dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society
As a Rotarian, how can you put these ideals into action? Consider these suggestions:
- Talk about your vocation in your club, and take time to learn about fellow members’ vocations. Use your professional skills to serve a community.
- Practice your profession with integrity, and inspire others to behave ethically through your own words and actions.
- Help a young person achieve his or her career aspirations.
- Guide and encourage others in their professional development.
- Share the Rotary Code of Conduct.
For more ideas, download the Vocational Service Handbook